"This Unit gets to act before the battle begins."
100% chance of activation - Attack Accuracy still applies.
- The ambush round is a precursor to round 1. If a unit with ambush is at play, white Ambush! text will appear prior to round 1 - indicating that the ambush round is active.
- For multiple attackers with ambush, attack order applies.
- Units with the lookout ability decrease the damage dealt to ambushers by half rounded down.
- If a unit with ambush has a successful hit with poison, the initial application will trigger at the end of round 0 - prior to round 1.
- Units with recharge will recharge in round 0 and attack in round1 if granted the ambush ability.
- Reverse Speed: Get your strikes in before round 1. This may make all the difference when reverse speed is at play.
- Explosive Weaponry: When paired with ambush, blast can be a game changer. A well-placed attack from a unit with Ambush may take out key members of the opponent's team before round 1 begins!
- Pairing ambush with sneak, snipe or opportunity may allow you to pick off certain low health units - before Round 1 begins!
- Slow or swiftness: as attack order still applies, get the jump on other units with ambush by manipulating their speed!
Questions about a specific battle or interaction?
Reach out to tech support! Be sure to include a link to the battle as well as a clear question or statement regarding your concern. How do I request clarification about a battle from tech support?
**Disclaimer: Individuals are solely responsible for gameplay and developing their own unique strategies. Information shared by Splinterlands Tech Support does not guarantee success. Be sure to stay up to date on the introduction of new cards, abilities, and rulesets as they may impact the relevancy of certain information. If you have any questions or suggestions Submit a Request.