"Reduces the Ranged attack of all enemy Units by 1."
Can be Cleansed
- Headwinds stacks but cannot reduce ranged attacks to 0.
- Headwinds dies with the unit wielding it.
- Close Range - Units with ranged attacks may attack from the first position. Your opponent may be most likely to use ranged attack Units - making headwinds extremely useful.
- Lost Magic - Magic units may not be used - increasing the likelihood that your opponent will depend on ranged attacks.
- Return Fire - Make your opponent pay for each ranged attack landed with return fire.
- Blind - Increase the likelihood that your opponent's melee and ranged attack Units will miss their targets. Blind can stack with headwinds.
- Shield- Further decrease the impact of your opponent's attack by using shield to reduce damage from ranged attacks.
Summoners that Reduce Ranged Attack
The Peakrider increases armor by +3 and reduces ranged attack of all enemy Units.
With a mana cost of 7, Mimosa Nightshade reduces opponents' ranged attacks by 1 and gives all friendly Units the void and affliction abilities.
Quix the Devious reduces speed and Ranged attacks by 1.
Contessa L'Ament has a relatively low mana cost of 3, and reduces your opponent's ranged attacks by 1.
Units with Headwinds:
*Consider using https://monstermarket.io/ to search for Units and Summoners by ability
Curious about how to create higher level cards? Learn How to Increase Card Levels by Combining Cards
Before combining, ensure that you have a summoner that can call the Unit forth! Summoning Units Restrictions
Questions about a specific battle or interaction?
Reach out to tech support! Be sure to include a link to the battle as well as a clear question or statement regarding your concern. How do I request clarification about a battle from tech support?
We are also happy to hear any feedback regarding our articles as well. If you have a battle to share that highlights a certain ability, please reach out!
**Disclaimer: Individuals are solely responsible for gameplay and developing their own unique strategies. Information shared by Splinterlands Tech Support does not guarantee success. Be sure to stay up to date on the introduction of new cards, abilities, and rulesets as they may impact the relevancy of certain information. If you have any questions or suggestions Submit a Request.