"Monster's health increases each time it damages an enemy Monster's health in proportion to the damage dealt."
The Life Leech ability will increase the attackers health by 50% of the damage dealt, rounded up.
If the target monster has less health than the damage done to it, Life Leech will be proportional to the health lost rather than the total damage done.
|Top 3 Rulesets||Bottom 3 Rulesets|
|Close Range - Ranged attack monsters can attack in the first position. If you play this one right, your Life Leech monster will have a high health by the time they reach the first position.||Back to Basics - Monsters lose all abilities. Life Leech monsters generally have a lower health stat, and may not survive for long without their ability.|
|Equalizer - All monsters start with the same health, based on the highest health in either team. Watch your life leech monster increase their health throughout the battle.||Equal Opportunity - Life Leech monsters generally have a lower health stat, and will be directly targeted by monsters with opportunity|
|Fog of War - Protect your life leech monster from attack in the last position on your team. Be aware that Opportunity and Scattershot still work within this ruleset, so be sure to include monsters in your lineup to direct attacks away.||Noxious Fumes - All monsters are infected with the poison debuff at the start of the game - this may be too much for a monster with Life Leech to overcome.|
|Top 3 Abilities||Bottom 3 Abilities|
|Triage - Placing your monster with life leech in the back row may draw sniping fire upon the. Be sure to heal them with triage.||Snipe - If your opponent plays a monster with snipe, they may take out your Life Leech monster in the first round. Carefully consider positioning to avoid this!|
|Headwinds - Help your team to evade ranged attacks, extending the life of all members!||Blind - Any abilities played by your opponent which reduce the accuracy of your attacks are concerning. if your attack does not land, life leech will not trigger.|
|Flying - Useful within the earthquake ruleset, flying helps your life leech monster to evade attacks and build up their health stat||Opportunity - If your opponent plays a monster with Life Leech, beware! These monsters generally have a lower health stat, and will be directly targeted by monsters with opportunity|
- Monsters with Life Leech generally start with low health. Ensure that they are protected so that they have time to build up their health before reaching the frontline!
- If the target monster has less health than the damage done to it, Life Leech will be proportional to the health lost rather than the total damage done.
- If a monster with Life Leech owes a health debt due to a monster or summoner debuff, they must pay that debt before health will be added to their main health stat. Consider Strengthening your monster to cancel health debts that may occur. Keep in mind that Weaken, and reductions in health via summoner can stack.
- The monster must hit the health stat, hits to the armor will not trigger Life Leech
- The Life Leech ability does not work with Blast. Health will be gained only from the initial monster struck.
- Life Leech works with Cripple. As the damage done with cripple impacts the health stat, monsters with Life Leech will gain health from the initial attack (if it strikes the health stat) AND from cripple. See Merdhampir - Level 4 for a monster with both Cripple and Life Leech
No Summoners with Life Leech Exist:
Monsters with Life Leech:
*Consider using https://monstermarket.io/ to search for Monsters and Summoners by ability
Curious about how to create higher level cards? Learn How to Increase Card Levels by Combining Cards
Before combining, ensure that you have a summoner that can call the Monster forth! Summoning Monster Restrictions
Questions about a specific battle or interaction?
Reach out to tech support! Be sure to include a link to the battle as well as a clear question or statement regarding your concern. How do I request clarification about a battle from tech support?
We are also happy to hear any feedback regarding our articles as well. If you have a battle to share that highlights a certain ability, please reach out!
**Disclaimer: Individuals are solely responsible for gameplay and developing their own unique strategies. Information shared by Splinterlands Tech Support does not guarantee success. Be sure to stay up to date on the introduction of new cards, abilities, and rulesets as they may impact the relevancy of certain information. If you have any questions or suggestions Submit a Request.