"If an enemy misses this Unit with an attack, the attacker takes 2 damage."
Considered physical damage, the same as melee and ranged attacks.
- Only does 1 damage back to an attacker with Shield.
- Attack Accuracy rules apply to units with Backfire in addition to those attacking them.
- Aim True - Because attacks always hit their targets in this ruleset, backfire is useless as it only triggers on missed attacks.
- Holy Protection - If you play it right, backfire can serve as your first attack against your opponent. This allows for more attacks to land!
- Blind - All enemy melee & ranged attacks have an increased chance of missing their target.
- Swiftness - All friendly Units have increased speed. Dodging attacks is the key to success.
Summoners with Backfire:
Aquatus is a Riftwatchers summoner that is exceedingly useful when paired with Units likely to evade attacks. Be sure to avoid using Aquatus with the Aim True ruleset as the Backfire ability will not trigger!
Units with Backfire:
*Consider using https://monstermarket.io/ to search for Units and Summoners by ability
Curious about how to create higher level cards? Learn How to Increase Card Levels by Combining Cards
Before combining, ensure that you have a summoner that can call the Units forth! Summoning Units Restrictions
Questions about a specific battle or interaction?
Reach out to tech support! Be sure to include a link to the battle as well as a clear question or statement regarding your concern. How do I request clarification about a battle from tech support?
We are also happy to hear any feedback regarding our articles as well. If you have a battle to share that highlights a certain ability, please reach out!