"At the beginning of battle, if this unit is in the first position, the unit in the second position gains reach."
100% chance of activation - Attack Accuracy still applies.
- Only Units with a melee attack will act upon the reach ability.
- If a unit with flank is in the first position while a unit with Armored Strike is in the second position, the unit with armored strike will attack with both attacks.
- Flank only activates when the unit with flank is in the first position.
- Flank cannot be dispelled.
- If a unit with flank is stunned, only that unit's attack will be stunned - not the adjacent unit that has been granted reach.
- If flank is given to a card that already has reach, reach will activate in the standard way.
Review the Ability Override Chart
- Melee Mayhem: Use flank to grant reach power to any melee unit. This is invaluable where melee units are involved - particularly if the Fog of War ruleset is also at play.
- Are you Not Entertained?: Imagine the devastation a unit with bloodlust can wreak from the second position. If you are lucky, bloodlust will have triggered prior to transition of this unit to the first position - increased stats and all!
- Double strike: A personal favorite, these units will attack twice from the second position when granted reach from a unit with flank.
- Corrosive ward, thorns, and retaliate: Though melee units that have been granted flank attack from the relative safety of the second position, they are still susceptible to retaliatory abilities.
Questions about a specific battle or interaction?
Reach out to tech support! Be sure to include a link to the battle as well as a clear question or statement regarding your concern. How do I request clarification about a battle from tech support?
**Disclaimer: Individuals are solely responsible for gameplay and developing their own unique strategies. Information shared by Splinterlands Tech Support does not guarantee success. Be sure to stay up to date on the introduction of new cards, abilities, and rulesets as they may impact the relevancy of certain information. If you have any questions or suggestions Submit a Request.