The order in which monsters attack is determined by the following variables, in order:
NOTE: If the cards have the same attack type, speed, rarity, and level, the move order will be determined randomly.
Other Factors That Affect Attack Order
- Ambush - Ambush allows units with that ability to attack in a pre-round (prior to round 1). Attack order applies if multiple units have Ambush.
- Reverse Speed Ruleset - If a battle has the Reverse Speed ruleset, all of the attack order variables are affected, not just the speed.
- Lowest speed goes first
- If speed is the same, the attack type is then reversed - Melee or No Attack, Range, then Magic
- If the attack type is the same, the lower rarity goes first
- If the rarity is the same, the lower monster level goes first
- If all the above are the same, the monster that goes first is randomly chosen
- Brawls - If you fight in a Brawl and the Home Team has their Barracks upgraded to at least level 1, then the Home Team gains the advantage of going first whenever there is a tie in attack order.
- Team Placement - This doesn't really impact the attack order of your monsters, however, it can affect the outcome of the battle. When a battle is created, your team is placed on either the top or the bottom of the screen.
- Player 1 is the team that is placed on the bottom, and whoever submits their team last becomes Player 1.
- Due to that, Player 2 is the team that is placed on the top, and that player is the one who submits their team first.
Why does this matter?
In between battles, if there are any status effects like poison or earthquake, these effects will always activate on the bottom team first.