Starting from Bronze 2 league and higher, for each ranked battle won, players earn various amounts of Splinter Shards based on several of the following variables:
- Rating - Based on the minimum of the player's current rating and the maximum rating for their current league.
- Capture Rate - With every battle won, a player's capture rate diminishes slightly, reducing the amount of SPS they are able to earn. This rate is recharging at a rate that is similar to HIVE voting power (about 1 % per hour).
- Note: starting a ranked battle under 50% of the capture rate will cost a 5% capture rate per battle.
- Ranked Reward Pool - The SPS reward pool that can be earned is 1.8 million SPS per month and it does not fluctuate based on the price of SPS.
- Win Streak - Players earn more SPS per win when that win is part of a winning streak (3 or more in a row).
- Note: You can earn a maximum of 50% bonus for win streaks per battle.
- Gold Foil Cards - Players earn 10% more SPS for every gold foil card played.
- Alpha/Promo Cards - Players earn 10% more SPS for every Alpha/Promo card played.
- Beta Cards - Players earn 5% more SPS for every Beta card played.
- Guild Bonuses - Members of guilds earn an SPS bonus depending on the level of the guilds Quest Lodge.
- Focus-Oriented - This provides a bonus to the overall reward shares earned.
Note: starting from the 8/23/2022 release, ranked battles were rewarded with SPS instead of DEC.