Splinterlands sells multiple products for a variety of in-game currencies. Knowing where those tokens go can be confusing at times, and in this article, we will go over where they end up.
Assets for Sale
- Rebellion Packs - Any DEC or Credits used to purchase these packs in-game are treated as company revenue and go to Splinterlands. Any Vouchers used are burned.
- Riftwatchers Packs (Gems) - 100% of the SPS used to buy these packs is put into the DAO for future voting use. All vouchers used for pack purchases are burned.
- Tower Defense - Any DEC or Credits used to purchase these packs in-game are treated as company revenue and goes to Splinterlands. Any vouchers used are burned.
- Runi - Any Ethereum used to purchase Runi is treated as company revenue.
- Promos - Promo cards purchased with DEC and SPS are usually considered company revenue but are announced per Promo. Any vouchers used are burned.
- Potions - DEC used for potions is burned.
- Licenses - 80% of the SPS tokens and 100% of the vouchers used for these purchases are burned. The other 20% of these tokens will be put in the SPS foundation and are reserved specifically to be used to continue to incentivize SPS validator node operation when the 3B SPS token cap is reached after roughly 5 years.
- Card Skins - Any DEC used for these items is burned.
- Grain - Any DEC or DEC-B used to purchase grain is burned.
- Power Cores - Any DEC or DEC-B used to purchase grain is burned.
- Time Crystals - Any DEC or DEC-B used to purchase grain is burned.