Splinterlands is an auto battler. You must select a team which will go head to head with your opponent. The mana cap, rulesets, usable Elements, and abilities available to your monsters are known before the match begins. Employ critical thinking, strategy, intuition, and a bit of luck to build your team and face your opponents on the battlefield!
Review the Game Play Guide and Tutorial In Game
- New Player Guide: Getting Started provides an overview of the Modern and Wild formats and discusses renting vs. purchasing cards.
- New Player Guide: Gameplay provides an introduction to battling and tips about strategy.
- Review Summoning Monster Restrictions to ensure that your Summoner is able to call forth the desired abilities from your Monsters.
- Modern and Wild are the two formats currently available for play. Wild Format allows the use of all cards, while Modern utilizes the most recent sets. Modern is generally recommended to new players.
- Watch Splinterlands TV to view live battles and learn about strategy.