What is DEC?
Dark Energy Crystals, or DEC, is the main in-game currency of Splinterlands. DEC is valued at $1.00 per 1000 DEC - even if it is at or below peg.
DEC is used to purchase or rent cards in the game, and can be traded or bought through a variety of markets including Hive-Engine, Tribaldex. You may also stake your DEC in liquidity pools to earn SPS rewards. You can obtain DEC by renting or selling your cards, burning cards, burning SPS, trading for it on 3rd party markets, or buying it in-game.
How do I get DEC?
DEC can be obtained in a number of ways:
- Renting or Selling Cards to Other Players
- Burning Cards
- Buy DEC with Fiat or Crypto
Fiat payments are done through Transak and are subject to their identity verification policy and may not be available to all of our customers.
**Most U.S. users do not qualify.
- Burn SPS for DEC
- Traded or buy through a variety of markets including Hive-Engine and Tribaldex.
- Use SimpleSwap to convert other cryptocurrencies to to HIVE and then to DEC.
- Getting Leaderboard Rewards
- There are leaderboards in each league each season that pays out DEC. These leaderboard rewards will also add to the total supply.
What can DEC be used for?
DEC can be used for a number of items including:
- Making Purchases in the Non-Card Market
- Buying Packs (and Items) in the Splinterlands Shop
- Upgrading Guild Buildings
- You can use DEC to upgrade your guild buildings to increase the strength of your guild and move to higher tiers. This will burn the DEC and remove it from circulation.
- Daily Card Rentals & Season Card Rentals
- Buying Potions from the Splinterlands Marketplace.
- Purchase Energy - Energy System FAQ
- Upon the release of Land 1.5, 10,000 DEC will be required to stake one max level card per plot - https://splinterlands.gitbook.io/the-secret-of-praetoria/cards-and-dec-staking/staking-dec
How Can I Manage My DEC?
To manage your DEC:
Step 1: Navigate to your DEC Dashboard by clicking your liquid DEC Balance in the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 2: View your DEC Dashboard.
Step 3: Click Activity to view the movement of your DEC.