The most common reasons why a player would not receive SPS from a ranked battle are:
- The player has not purchased a spellbook.
- The player has purchased a spellbook but did not reach Bronze League yet.
- The player has purchased a spellbook but is using starter cards (also known as ghost cards).
Your starter cards are identified with the letter S in the top right.
You'll also find this message when selecting starter cards to battle.
The update released on 24 May 2022 changed how reward shares from a battle are calculated for ranked rewards. The new rewards formula now considers the number of starter cards a player uses. The same formula is used for both Focus Points and SPS.
An exact calculation can be found here: What bonuses are applied to rshares?
- Information on the release notes to date: https://docs.splinterlands.com/platform/release-notes
- Information on how Rshares work: https://docs.splinterlands.com/rewards/reward-shares-r-shares
- Information on the new ranked battle rewards https://docs.splinterlands.com/rewards/ranked-battle-rewards
- Official blog announcement about changes to rewards: https://peakd.com/splinterlands/@splinterlands/splinterlands-ranked-rewards-update