This is a brief guide explaining what it means to delegate cards and how the process of delegating cards from one account to another works, as well as what these actions affect.
What is delegating?
Delegating is another term for appointing. You are appointing a select card to another account for use (or allowing that account to borrow the card) without actually relinquishing ownership of the card when you choose to delegate a card to a named account. The delegated card's contributed collection power will apply to the appointed account, and not your own, until 24 hours after you have successfully retracted the card back to your account. A cooldown of up to 24 hours may also become present after having undelegated a card from an account that had recently utilized this card. This means that the card in question is prevented from utilization for battle until the remaining cooldown time has expired, which is determined by how recently the card had been used in battle. If the card were used 13 hours ago, the cooldown would be a total of 11 hours, amounting to the 24 hours elapsed upon cooldown conclusion.
This appointed account may use the card as long as it remains delegated to them at no cost, and the card cannot be combined, transferred, or burned by the appointed player. This appointed player may benefit from both the utility of the card within the battle and the contributed collection power provided by the card being present within their collection of playable cards.
How to delegate a card?
1. Firstly, click any card within your card collection page that you wish to allow another player to borrow, and you should arrive at the card management page, as shown in the image above. Click on the checkbox next to the copy of the card that you wish to delegate to a player, and then click on the icon that looks like two arrows pointing in opposing directions. The correct icon has been circled within the screenshot for reference.
2. Next, type in the Splinterlands username of the target player you want to appoint the card to, and then click on the "delegate" button.
3. After you click on "delegate", if successful, you should now see the icon showing the arrows highlighted next to the serial of the card that is delegated, and you may hover over this icon to see whom the card is delegated to.
How to retract a delegation?
1. If you want to undo the delegation and make a card available for your own account's use again, click on the highlighted arrows icon next to the serial of the card you wish to take back. After that click on the "OK" button within the next message, warning you about the cooldown period that the card may undergo if the card had been recently utilized by the account that was appointed this card.
2. As you can see here, the clock icon we have circled within the image above is not highlighted, which means that the card was not recently used, and may instantly be utilized for play in battles on this account now. If the clock were highlighted, then you may hover over the icon to see how much time remains before the card is usable again.