Hive Keychain Installation [Mobile]
Presented below is the step-by-step guide on getting the Hive Keychain application set up for your mobile device. The examples used will be from an android device using the Google Play store, but other devices or stores containing the application should have the same process to get started.
- Firstly, open an available app store within your device, and search "Hive Keychain" in order to locate the app. Once you find it and open the page showing the app's details, click on the install button to get started with downloading and installing Hive Keychain to your device.
- Once you have successfully installed the app. You may find the screen below once you have opened the application. If you already have an active Splinterlands account with a spellbook attached, then you should click on the "Existing Account" button on the page. Creating a new Hive account would be completely disconnected from your Splinterlands account, and would not grant the appropriate permissions from your keys using a newly created account, because your Splinterlands account is in itself a Hive account. You would just need to be in possession of your own keys that can be requested from the Splinterlands website itself.
(If you find yourself to be having trouble with claiming those keys, then please click here)
- Next you will be allowed to create yourself a 6 digit PIN, which will be used for logging into this application and being granted the appropriate permissions with your account depending on the keys you have imported into your Hive Keychain account on this device. An explanation on importing your keys will be explained shortly.
- For this step, you will need to have your Splinterlands keys ready. You should either enter your posting key here if you would like access only to any non-financial related permissions, which would for example allow you to battle when logged into the account here, but not be allowed to transfer cards or currency anywhere. Or you can input your private active key here instead and be granted permissions to submit any transactions on Splinterlands, including financial.
- Once you are successful in entering a valid key along with your Splinterlands username/Hive address, then you should arrive at the screen below. Click on the three dots at the top right of your screen for this next step.
- In order to import any other keys, if you would like to do this and have all-access on your account while logged into this device, then click on the "Manage Keys" button as shown below and circled in blue.
- Within this screen below, is where you may import any other keys that may be imported into Hive Keychain, that have not been imported yet. You may also remove imported keys as well in order to disable these permissions entirely. (If you ever change your private keys, you may need to come back here to remove and re-enter the new private keys to reactivate permissions.)
- Now in order to proceed to login to Splinterlands using this application, you will need to use the built-in browser on Hive Keychain, which you will be able to find within the menu after clicking on the three dots again, and then click on the "Browser" option.
- Within the page presented to you below, you may either search the Splinterlands website using the search bar above, or by simply clicking on the "Gaming" button, which we will be doing here for this guide.
- You should see "Splinterlands" as one of your options under the gaming section to select. Click on this option to proceed to the Splinterlands website within the Keychain application.
- Once the website finishes loading up, you will only simply have to type in your username (without the @ symbol), and then click sign-in. If you receive a popup window asking you to sign a transaction with your key to proceed, sign it in order to proceed.
- Finally, you should end up on this page, which means you are now logged into your Splinterlands account from the Hive Keychain application.
This concludes the tutorial on installing Hive Keychain on a mobile device!