As most of us know, HIVE is a STEEM fork (is a copied software project). So HIVE account naming rules are the same as STEEM account naming rules.
Creating an account in Splinterlands, accounts get a random username like:
pupil_X, this username can only be changed upgrading our account buying the Summoner's Spellbook.
When we upgrade our Splinterlands account buying the Summoner's Spellbook, we get the ability to create a custom HIVE username. This custom username must follow some rules in order to be validated in the blockchain.
Once you create an username in HIVE it becomes permanent and cannot be changed!
We can create a valid username in HIVE following these rules:
- Valid characters include: lowercase letters (a-z), digits (0-9), dashes (-) and periods (.).
$HeLlO_M@73are invalid names
- The username must be between 3 and 16 characters long.
helloiamthirtysevennicetomeetyouare both invalid names.
- A valid username must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or digit.
K37are invalid names, but
- Each part separed by a dot should be at least 3 characters long.
a.b.c.37are invalid names, but
- Dashes must have letters or numbers in both sides.
a37b37-are invalid names but