HIVE is a STEEM fork (a copied software project). So HIVE account naming rules are the same as STEEM account naming rules.
Creating an account in Splinterlands, accounts get a random username like:
pupil_X, this username can only be changed by upgrading your account by purchasing the Summoner's Spellbook.
When you upgrade your Splinterlands account by buying the Summoner's Spellbook, you get the ability to create a custom HIVE username. This custom username must follow some rules in order to be validated in the blockchain.
Once you create a username in HIVE, it becomes permanent and cannot be changed!
You can create a valid username in HIVE following these rules:
- Valid characters include: lowercase letters (a-z), digits (0-9), dashes (-) and periods (.).
$HeLlO_M@73are invalid names
- The username must be between 3 and 16 characters long.
helloiamthirtysevennicetomeetyouare both invalid names.
- A valid username must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or digit.
K37are invalid names, but
- Each part separated by a dot should be at least 3 characters long.
a.b.c.37are invalid names, but
- Dashes must have letters or numbers on both sides.
a37b37-are invalid names but
The 5 Rules of a Valid Username on the Steem Blockchain - Steemit
Please sign in to leave a comment.