It is possible to change Hive nodes that are utilized to transact on chain when you face technical issues, such as slow performance, disconnection and/or failed connections. Below is a video outlining the process to change nodes within the Hive Keychain browser extension.
How to Change Nodes with Hive Keychain
- Click on the Keychain icon () in your browser's toolbar.
- Enter your password to unlock Keychain, if it is not already unlocked.
- Open the Keychain settings menu by clicking the hamburger icon () in the top right corner.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Then, click RPC Node.
- If the 'Switch Automatically' box is selected, click to unselect it.
- Click the drop-down menu to select a different node. If you are not sure which to use, Peakd offers a Node Benchmark Utility to find which nodes are going to provide the best connection for your location.