Besides SPS ranked battle rewards, the next earning opportunity is through reward chests. You can earn reward chests by either completing the Daily Focus (to receive focus rewards) or completing Season Focus (to receive End of Season rewards). The amount of chests you earn is the same for any league but they have different rewards chances for every league as you can see in the chart below:
Note: Please note you will get your Season Chest according to the MAX League you have reached the last season on any point and your Daily Chest according to the league you are in when claiming your rewards or starting a new focus.
A maximum of 30 loot chests can be earned for each daily focus quest, and 150 chests for each season quest.
Novice players don't receive any Season or Focus Rewards.
In Bronze, you will have the same chances to get SPS, Potions, Merits, or Cards with a lower chance to get Gold Foil Cards, Legendary Cards, and Chaos Legion Packs, also the SPS Token multiplier is 1. Rising in leagues will let you increase the chances of the cards. Also, the chance for Chaos Legion Packs, Gold Foil Cards, and Legendary Cards increase.
- You can earn either a Legendary potion or an Alchemy potion in a reward chest. Legendary potions double your chances for a Legendary card when opening a card pack. Alchemy potions double your chances for a Gold Foil card when opening a card pack. Higher leagues have a chance to get multiple potions from 1 chest, you can see the min-max per league in the chart.
- Splintershards are the official governance currency of Splinterlands. They are the main reward for playing Splinterlands too, and it's distributed as Staked in-game to allow your vote in the DAO proposals. They can be transferred in and out of accounts and used for purchases in the shop or marketplace when required. You can earn more SPS per reward chest by playing in higher leagues.
- There are exclusive Cards that can only be earned from reward chests. These Reward Cards have a maxed print supply, and when reached, a new set of Reward cards will be created and rotated into the Reward card pool. You'll increase the chances to get a Legendary Reward card and a Gold Foil Reward card at higher leagues as you can see in the chart. You can view the Reward Cards that are still available on SplinterStats - Reward Cards.
- Chaos Legion Packs
- You can earn Chaos Legions Packs in chests which contain 5 cards from the Chaos Legion Collection inside. Every player from Bronze to the Champion league has the chance to get one according to the league chances. Using Potions while opening your packs, will increase your chances to get Legendaries cards and Gold Foil cards from them.
- The number of Merits received from a chest will be randomly determined similarly to how the DEC chest rewards are calculated and your Guild Store bonus will be applied too.